[Coco] How can you make permanent directory changes in OS-9 ml programs?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Sep 4 16:43:22 EDT 2011

Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> Robert,
>
> I'm not sure why GPrDsc would be failing.  What is the error code that it returns?
>
> The F$Move may be more problematic, however.  It is a privileged system call and cannot be made from a user state process.
>
> Best Regards,
> Boisy G. Pitre

Boisy,

It is not GPrDsc that is failing but GProcP. If I place an F$Exit after GPrDsc,
no errors are reported. Place that after GProcP and I get a 208 error, illegal
service request.
This is supposed to be an OS9p2 call OS-9 manual. F$Move is an OS9p1 so maybe
that would not work from a user process.

Robert