[Coco] My CoCo fully back up!

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 20:20:15 EDT 2011

No need to install Eclipse to use DriveWire 4, and if you're missing a
library it would not help to install Eclipse anyway.

Linux is the only platform that requires anything other than just
double clicking on the included "Go" script.  I've recently tried to
make this more obvious in the documentation.

To use DriveWire on Linux, you must install the RXTX serial libraries.
 These are available via your package manager on all the major Linux
distros, and in source form if your distro of choice doesn't have them
for you.  Since the RXTX libs are usually part of a Linux distro, I
thought it was best not to include them in the DW4 distribution
(Windows and OSX libs come included in their respective packages,
which is why they require no set up at all).

There are example commands for Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora provided in
the documentation:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/drivewireserver/index.php?title=Installation
With any luck, you're only a single command away from making DW4 work fine.

If you have any error other than simply missing the RXTX libs, that
would be a bug!  please let me know the specific message you are
seeing so I can correct it.   I am quickly approaching a "4.0.0"
non-beta release, so really need to know about any issues that I
haven't fixed.

-Aaron