[Coco] OT: Battery chargers

Sun Oct 16 15:14:38 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

From: "gene heskett" <gheskett at wdtv.com>

To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>

Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:11 AM

Subject: Re: [Coco] OT: Battery chargers

> On Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:49:08 AM Tony Schountz did opine:
>
>> On Oct 16, 2011, at 5:33 AM, gene heskett wrote:
>> > On Sunday, October 16, 2011 06:43:04 AM Stephen H. Fischer did opine:

>> > This charger should, set at 1 amp, do the job nicely in under two
>> > hours. Its method resembles the Christy chargers, so I would assume
>> > the patent has now expired, or that its an under the radar patent
>> > violation.
>>
>> So the above charger link ("Tenergy Smart Universal Charger for
>> NiMH/NiCD Battery Packs: 6v - 12v") should do the job for my pack? If
>> so, I'll buy it.
>
> Actually, at that price, I'd buy 2, to make sure one worked. ;-) Similar
> to my recent purchases of 5 stepper motor driver packages at $51 ea.
> Chinese of course. Amazingly, the first 4 I hooked up are working fine.

As the OP has two sets of cells, this sounds like a plan. I saw one
replacement power cell at ~ $170.00

This would allow charging two cells packs at one time. (Another case a
problem)

When camping I made sure all my batteries were charged the day before, at
night I had to charge four (4) sets of four batteries, easy to do with a one
hour charger.

Back when I was still using film I lost a huge set of great photos at the
bristle cone pine grove. The Owens Valley was very clear. No Film! The
return trip
was washed out due to rain, the next time so bad that I did not waste the
space on the CD card.

Always be ready to take more shots that planned! (And use a GPS to make a
Waypoint for each shot location)

Note: The temperature sensor is connected permanently to the charger, see
product data sheet:

http://www.all-battery.com/datasheet/01025manual.pdf

SHF