[Coco] demo video of some CoCoBoot tricks

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Oct 13 13:26:05 EDT 2011

On Thursday, October 13, 2011 01:16:10 PM Aaron Wolfe did opine:

> I'm working on a very easy to use interface to some of the things
> cocoboot can do, here are some examples.  Sorry for the poor video
> quality, but I think the screen can be read ok at least.  The cocoboot
> logo does not actually pulse strangely in real life :)

That is the combination of very fast phosphers in the crt, and the cameras
shutter speed, the 60 fields/sec are about .5 a field per sec out of time.
The human eye blends that to near invisibility, the camera does not.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UBN-zmstB4

VERY Impressive Aaron.

I haven't had a chance to grab the new dw4.jar yet, but I do have a
question about the previous one.  I have the printertype set to text, with
no mention of the FX80 mode, but the startup trace on my screen lists both.

Can I get rid of the FX80 setting by also removing the PrinterCharacterFile
line from config.xml?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Most people will listen to your unreasonable demands, if you'll consider
their unacceptable offer.