[Coco] Arduino question

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Thu Oct 6 23:25:07 EDT 2011

Sorry all for the increasingly off topic thread. :-)

I took a look at the boards you recommend and the all seem out of what I was hoping to pay.
I'm thinking of a low cost way to put the chips through their paces and decide if I want to
actually use them. Right now in my never humble opinion the micro processor to beat is the
Parallax Propeller. But my inner geek is insisting that I check out alternatives.

To that end I was looking around the Atmel site and saw the following available for $29!!
http://store.atmel.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:10500272

While I understand I'm not going to be using it to develop the competitor to the SuperIDE I
think it'll let me test out at least one of their chips and let me decide if I want to
continue on with them. If you or anyone else using the Atmel chips has a minute or five to
take a look and let me know what they think it would be greatly appreciated.

The Other Frank