[Coco] Nightly NitrOS9 Builds

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Nov 22 22:53:35 EST 2011

gene heskett wrote:
><snip>
> Drat, my password seems to have been nulled again.  Meaning I can't run a
> cvs update in my nitros9 tree.  Humm, I think I changed ISP's since I last
> registered and it doesn't recognize me at all.
>
> Can you help Robert?  Never mind, my local dns server had a tummy ache the
> one time I got the password right. :(
>
> But the backtrace is bothersome:
> ----------
> cvs update: cannot open directory /cvsroot/nitros9/nitros9/3rdparty/libs:
> No such file or directory
> cvs update: skipping directory 3rdparty/libs
> ------------
> and
> -----------
> cvs update: cannot open directory
> /cvsroot/nitros9/nitros9/3rdparty/packages/drivewire: No such file or
> directory
> cvs update: skipping directory 3rdparty/packages/drivewire
> ---------
> And
> ----------
> cvs update: cannot open directory /cvsroot/nitros9/nitros9/6309l3: No such
> file or directory
> cvs update: skipping directory 6309l3
> ----------
>
> Which looks fairly serious in that the drivewire tree is skipped.  And its
> a tree I actually have.  I also have the 3rdparty/libs tree.  WTH?  Has the
> repo been re-arranged?  Note that each quoted error contains the doubled
> nitros9 string.
>
> Or is this the problem:
> [gene at coyote nitros9]$ cat CVS/Root
> :ext:gheskett at nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/nitros9
>
> I even exported CVSROOT=/opt/nitros9&  reran it, same errors, so where is
> the doubled nitros9/nitros9 in certain paths coming from?
>
> A CVS expert I am not.  Help please.
>
> Cheers, Gene

Uh Oh! I see the same missing directories both trying updates and browsing the
CVS tree from Sourceforge;
http://nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/nitros9/nitros9/3rdparty/

There's not much I can do to fix this. However, Boisy had mentioned moving
Toolshed and NitrOS-9 to a different server, opencoco.net . I don't know what if
any progress has been made on the move nor if the missing directories result
from the proposed move.
Boisy did remove Drivewire from the packages makefile so I'm not surprised that
directory is gone.

Level3 is a different matter. That directory name was changed to level3 some
time ago. You will need to check out the renamed directory and remove 6309l3
from your drive.
You will see level3/cmds, level3/coco3, level3/coco_6309, and levle3/modules and
the sub-directories.