[Coco] Nightly NitrOS9 Builds

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Nov 22 12:43:33 EST 2011

On Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:33:05 AM Robert Gault did opine:

> Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> > The nightly build process did indeed die in June, but afaik nothing
> > substantial has been committed since then anyway.
>
> Maybe nothing "substantial" :) but I did make changes in Level1 to
> cobbler, ded, and os9gen and Boisy updated inetd. These are all
> functional changes.
>
> In my case, several changes per file were sent, so you can't tell the
> importance by the comments on the most recent change.

These are I assume edits to the individual files.  If the changes have been
committed to the srcfrg repo, then I would point out that on linux at
least, by downloading and installing ToolShed,  The tools are then
available to build the most recent on your own system.  I do this quite
frequently here via a cvs update.  On this machine, with the verbosity
turned up so I see everything flying by, it is still only a 4 or 5 minute
chore to rebuild it all, and another minute to generate the individual
.dsk's for your hardware.  With the verbosity turned off, it's even faster.

I think ToolShed also builds on windows, maybe even on later (bsd) Mac's
too.

Drat, my password seems to have been nulled again.  Meaning I can't run a
cvs update in my nitros9 tree.  Humm, I think I changed ISP's since I last
registered and it doesn't recognize me at all.

Can you help Robert?  Never mind, my local dns server had a tummy ache the
one time I got the password right. :(

But the backtrace is bothersome:
----------
cvs update: cannot open directory /cvsroot/nitros9/nitros9/3rdparty/libs:
No such file or directory
cvs update: skipping directory 3rdparty/libs
------------
and
-----------
cvs update: cannot open directory
/cvsroot/nitros9/nitros9/3rdparty/packages/drivewire: No such file or
directory
cvs update: skipping directory 3rdparty/packages/drivewire
---------
And
----------
cvs update: cannot open directory /cvsroot/nitros9/nitros9/6309l3: No such
file or directory
cvs update: skipping directory 6309l3
----------

Which looks fairly serious in that the drivewire tree is skipped.  And its
a tree I actually have.  I also have the 3rdparty/libs tree.  WTH?  Has the
repo been re-arranged?  Note that each quoted error contains the doubled
nitros9 string.

Or is this the problem:
[gene at coyote nitros9]$ cat CVS/Root
:ext:gheskett at nitros9.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/nitros9

I even exported CVSROOT=/opt/nitros9 & reran it, same errors, so where is
the doubled nitros9/nitros9 in certain paths coming from?

A CVS expert I am not.  Help please.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God but to
 create him."
 -Arthur C. Clarke