[Coco] What do you use your CoCo for? (was: Games that don't fit floppies)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 17 06:52:44 EST 2011

On 17/11/2011 4:01 AM, Paulo Lindoso wrote:

> I would like to know from the list what other stuff is being done with
> these 8-bit wonders... I have seen some sites and looked up the list, but
> perhaps people would like to jump in and write about their daily CoCo use
> these days.

Back in the day, my father bought me a Coco (1) so he could use his TRS-80
Model I in peace! I mostly used it to play games; for some reason I never
did write much software for it, despite tinkering with the Model 1 for years...

These days, I tend to play with emulating it more than using the machine for
any particular purpose. I've done a reasonably fully-functional FPGA
implementation of the Coco 1 with SuperIDE, and at some point I want to add
a few more features, and then move on to doing my own Coco 3. Eventually
it'd be nice to spin a PCB specifically for it. But for now, work and Real
Life get in the way...

I also started to port the arcade version of Tutankham to it.
<http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/nickma/GamesWorkshop/>
I'd like to finish that off as well...

And perhaps port another game too...

Regards,