[Coco] Color Quaver

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 11:16:12 EST 2011

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 14:11:53 -0600
From: Michael Graham <mkgraham at gmx.com>
Subject: [Coco] Color Quaver
To: coco at maltedmedia.com

Hi Michael,

I remember another synthesizer program for the coco. Synther7 & Synther77
(I believe).
http://dragondata.worldofdragon.org/Software/pics-info/synther7.htm
Synther77 was the more advanced version of Synther7. Neither had any
composition
capabilities though. I don't remember if it had monophonic or polyphonic
capabilities, but I'm guessing the latter of the two.
I don't think you could save anything you created without using a cassette
to record the audio.

Oblique Triad made a sampling program which used a cartridge to sample
audio. You could arrange various clips
of audio and play them back with a primitive sequencer. I think you could
also use the audio in port for minimal sampling resolution, the cartridge
would give you higher resolution.

This was a fun program to play with. Given the limited memry on the coco,
you could still store a fair amount of audio depending on your sampling
resolution.