[Coco] p-system was Re: LIF util for OS-9?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:57:49 EDT 2011

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011, Willard Goosey wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 10:09:44AM -0500, Joel Ewy wrote:
>
>> I remember thinking that it wasn't meant to be compatible, but I could
>> be wrong about that.  I guess one could write a program on one system
>> and try to get the intermediate code to run on the other.  The OS-9
>> Pascal manual does not mention interoperability as one of the advantages
>> of compiling to P-Code.
>
> I'm afraid getting a P-System running somewhere is pretty low on my
> list of tasks.  Does anybody here have a running P-System?

Not on CoCo, but yes for Apple 2, Apple 3 and TI-99 (!).  Also have the
Pecan P-System for MS-DOS and Mac.  Oh, and the Lisa has a full P-System
available as part of the Pascal Workbench.

Haven't done a whole lot with any of them, but the very few programs that
I've moved from one environment to the other appear to work fine.
Everything back then was console apps, so there's not much to be
incompatible with at the abstract level.

Steve