[Coco] LIF util for OS-9?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Nov 2 04:31:52 EDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 10:30:11PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> I think that's seriously kewl Willard.  Unforch I only have coco, os9, and
> messydos disks here.  At 77, I guess I am too new at this computin game.
> ;-)

Naa, you're just more focused than I am.  Instead of hacking under
OS-9 I'm off playing around with CP/M or HP-BASIC or whatever. ;-)

But do you know what I'm talking about?  With your background,
I'd be surprised if you didn't work with hardware that ocassionally
presented you with a LIF disk or tape.

Besides, the real magic is the old ccdisk patch (and current NitrOS
code) that allows non-OS9 disks that number sectors from 0 to be read
from OS-9.  The rest is just grudge work.  LIF is, by design, a very
simple filesystem.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA