[Coco] LIF util for OS-9?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Nov 2 04:20:28 EDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 10:18:49PM -0400, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> Yikes
>
> I remember those old HP tape drive computers. I still did like HP
> Basic though. Wrote a lot of test software using the HP computers.

Yeah, my initial test disk is from an HP 87 with a 9121 drive.

HP BASIC rocks!  Very powerful, if you're doing math.  I've got what
is nearly the ultimate HP BASIC machine, a 9845B.  No reading its
disks with a CoCo, though.  8" non-LIF, I'm not sure a standard floppy
controller is physically capable of decoding them.

Speaking of HP BASIC though, any discussion of LIF utilities should
contain the disclaimer that HPBASIC's binary formats are
machine-specific, undocumented blobs that can only rarely be decoded
by another machine.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA