[Coco] OT: 63B09

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Nov 1 22:45:10 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 10:35:02 PM Richard E. Crisilip did opine:

[...]

> Thanks for the gentle knuckle wrap 8-). You are so correct, I did not
> follow the thread far enough back. In my defense, I lost a lot when I
> upgrade (downgraded??) to Ubuntu 11.10. Killed my KMail history 8-/.
> Hate it when that happens.

That seriously sucks.  I go back to about 2002 here, several Gigs of coco
stuff by now, and when switching into the coco folder it take a quad core
phenom running at 2.1Ghz about 5 seconds to find the message I was last
looking at.  I also play the part of the canary in the coal mine on the
amanda-users mailing list, running the latest so call "alpha" amanda-4.0
code.  So right now its stable, and should I lose this drive & have to do a
bare metal re-install, I could have this machine back to its state as of
about 2Am this morning by the end of a long day recovering it all, every
last byte.

Amanda=Advance Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver.

But right now, please don't lose a drive, the supply pipeline is empty.
Worldwide shortage, prices doubled in the last 3 days.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
<sct> Anyone want the new supermount? :)
<klogd> whats new aboutit
<sct> klogd: It cleans whiter than white. :)
	-- Seen on #Linux