[Coco] rlink woes? was Re: nasty bug in cprep19!!!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat May 28 15:45:49 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 11:30:50AM -0700, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Moving back to the original c.prep eliminated the errors.

This evening (after it cools down enough to run my CoCo) I'll package up
and upload the newest version and it'll be one less reason for people to
have to go back to the original c.prep.

> But I am stuck, the .c files have been transformed to .r files but I get a
> stack overflow when the target is attempted. The two needed lines have been
> changed in the header file.

Is rlink stack overflowing, or when you try to run the program?

> rlink  archive.p1.r archive.p2.r archive.p3.r/
> archive.p4.r -l=/dd/lib/cos9.l -o=archive

First file linked in should be /dd/lib/cstart.r!  That shouldn't even
work, you should get all sorts of linker errors of "_foo not found"

Even if the other ROFs are assembly programs, cos9.l is C and is going
to expect C's memory setup, which is mostly done in cstart before main()
gets called.

If rlink is what's overflowing its stack, try giving it more RAM.  If
that doesn't work, you'll have to dig up someone who knows about rlink's
internals.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA