[Coco] Very interesting eBay find... anyone ever seen one of these kits?

Steve Batson steve at batsonphotography.com
Fri May 20 12:28:39 EDT 2011

When I asked if you needed to solder anything, this is the response I got.
I can't say I totally disagree with him, but it would also seem a waste to
me to let all that CoCo power just sit there and rot in a box for the sake
of collecting something.

"Absolutely Yes! The motherboard is bare and every component would have to
be soldered. And you can do that if you like. But this has far more value
if kept un-assembled than if you put it together!! It would be like melting
a 20dollar gold piece down into a drop of gold for the value of gold!! Look
up the value of a 20 dollar gold piece. Then see what the few grams of gold
would be worth!!
Best Regards,
Jay"