[Coco] CoCoFest Webcam, IRC, anything?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu May 19 02:28:01 EDT 2011

On 5/18/2011 9:34 PM, Frank Pittel wrote:
> The Hotel provides the wifi and all that's needed is someone with a webcam and the willingness to use it!!
>
> The Other Frank

When have you try to do this?  And more importantly, When have you been
successful at it?

First, a webcam would not work to record a large room.  They are design
for viewing just one person a only a few feet away.   Trying to use such
a device to record a room full of people just does not work.  You would
not be able to make out what's happening.

And forget the audio!  With all the people talk at once, there is no way
you can follow what anyone is saying.

As for the WiFi, you don't have the bandwidth to getting good video out
of the hotel.

If you want the CoCofest experience, try going to the CoCofest.  I've
flying over 2,000 miles to get there.

What about you?

Steve