[Coco] Phoenix IDE update

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Mon May 9 00:08:23 EDT 2011

When I first ran Phoenix, I was prompted by Internet Explorer to open or
save several PDF files. I think these were supposed to be embedded in the
tabs, but those tabs all show Navigation Canceled. I suspect this is because
I don't have Adobe Acrobat installed, so I don't have the PDF embedding
controls for Internet Explorer.

I pulled out one of the docked panels onto the second monitor. When I ran
Phoenix the second time, the panel opened in the same location on the second
monitor but was then hidden behind NitroPDF opening second copies of the
PDFs it opened the first time I ran Phoenix. You might consider converting
the PDF documents to HTML and embedding the HTML instead.

The installer didn't give me an opportunity to tell it where to install (not
really a huge deal), and I had to go digging around a bit to find it. This
is because I was looking for Phoenix IDE somewhere in the Start menu or
program files. I didn't expect to find it under Taylor Software in \Program
Files (x86).

Some of the items in the Soltions treeview don't do anything; e.g. Borland
C++ test, HelloWorld, TasmTest, and the Vectrex items.

Projector-3 opens a bunch of files, but then complains it can't find
C:\ProgramData\Phoenix IDE\Solutions\Tandy CoCo\Projector-3\Variable Slope
Audio.asm.

What are all the tabs for in the properties window? This is the window that
has the DataBindings and DocFont properties. Speaking of which, it's nice
that it saves and restores the properties, but it seems to do so on a
per-file basis. Is there a way to set the default font and font size
globally? It's kind of a pain to have to change the font for each file in a
project one-by-one.

When I click Sprites, I get a dialog saying, "The system cannot find the
path specified. Error occurred opening 4DGL_16bitColours.fnc".

When I click Flash Drives, I get a dialog saying, "Invalid device."