[Coco] Phoenix IDE - Ubuntu 10.04 under Wine

Manny manney at gmail.com
Sat May 7 03:38:05 EDT 2011

On Fri, 6 May 2011 15:58:09 -0700
Rick Taylor <coder32768 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty confident that you're never going to be successful running
> any version of the .Net framework under WINE. Install either mono
> directly under Linux, or install the 3.5/4.0 framework under windows.
> Launch with either "mono phoenix.exe" under Linux, or executing the
> EXE directly under Windows.
>
> Give up on WINE for this.
>
> BTW, I'm a .Net developer, too - trust us on this, we know what we're
> saying here. WINE won't work.

I'm going to have say on this one that you can't make a blanket statement like that.  There is probably someone out there with enough experience with WINE to coax it to play with Phoenix.  There are other quite complex programs out there (last generation's games anyone?) that do work with WINE for example.

-M.

Manny <manney at gmail.com>