[Coco] dbg.l

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri May 6 13:38:34 EDT 2011

On Fri, 6 May 2011, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As OS-9 "C" is just K&R it must have been done on other platforms.

Not sure what the subject is in that sentence.  Are you theorizing about
the existance of a lex port to OS-9?  The limiting factor would be address
space, as always.  I'm sure there's a lex for OS-9 68k, but I'm sceptical
about a 6809 build.

> Are you saying something like an Urbane (DECB) to K&R "C", BasicO9 ... could
> be done automagically.

In theory, notation (source code) for any Turing-complete language can be
translated to any other in a straightforward manner.  For some definition
of "straightforward" :-).

For example, conversion of K&R C --> ANSI C can be done relatively easily
by a person with intermediate programming skils.  Something like
translation of K&R C to Basic* would be a good term project for CS
undergrads - quite a bit more work.

Steve