[Coco] dbg.l

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon May 2 20:15:18 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 04:31:37PM -0700, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> Have you seen any mention of "trace_c" or DEBUG for Level II?

MW debug for LII is in the dev. system.

> If yes then some files I found in a CIS archive might help.

I'm interested.

> What is your reason for trying to find the missing parts? If you succeed it
> will be machine code level of debugging IMHO.

<shrug> 2 reasons, really. One, I'm all hot to collect every possible
bit of programming material for OS-9.  Gotta catch'em all! :-) Two,
anything that might help me figure out why curses crashs hard 1 out of
50 times could be immediately useful.

Libraries are very useful in general, but they gotta be complete, and
have docs. I realize that 95% of the 6809 code that ever will be
written already has, but I'd like to encourage more anyway. That's why
I put together a man page and a header for Gene's trig.l, why I'm
working on Curses.

> I have a model of how "C" Source level debugging could be created for OS-9
> "C", it is not a simple job requiring changes to the "C" compiler, the
> linker and lots of new code.

Yeah, we'll never see gdb on the 6x09.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org