[Coco] CoCo versus the rest of them

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon May 2 18:54:36 EDT 2011

At 05:22 PM 5/2/2011, you wrote:
>Let me know what arguments need to be passed, I assume just the drive
>number(s) and path(s) for the disks.  I'll make sure DriveWire
>supports this easily.  Also, for those who prefer not to use Windows,
>you can run the DriveWire server on any modern platform and
>communicate with it using TCP/IP.  This would allow you to run Phoenix
>on a dedicated Windows machine (or VM) and still have your CoCo
>connected to your regular workstation.

Yea, that should be enough, but I can support all control switches to
keep the user from having to go inside of an .ini file or something
all the time to change the defaults.

The CoCoNet console app first reads an .ini file that has the bps,
stop bits, tcpport, etc. defined, then any CLI switches will override
any of those settings, but then if the CLI switches aren't given for
certain values, they are prompted for no matter what, .... but the
defaults are shown for those values so you can just hit ENTER to
accept and move on.  I wanted to allow several ways of launching the
server and to avoid going into the .ini file all the time.

--
~ Roger Taylor