[Coco] CoCo versus the rest of them

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon May 2 18:22:24 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote:
> At 02:11 AM 5/2/2011, you wrote:
>>
>> (I just had to rename the subject line to bring it more in line what this
>> thread was becoming)
>>
>> One thing we can all agree on is that Drivewire and Roger's drive pack are
>> landmark products for the CoCo that can make the outside observer to our
>> community take notice.
>>
>> I use Drivewire exclusively for my development work, not having powered up
>> my floppy drives in months. I haven't used Roger's IDE but those that prefer
>> the conveniences of a PC development environment, is also a developers
>> dream.
>

> Thanks for the kind words, Nick.  The CoCoNet server is now integrated into
> the Phoenix IDE so that it can fire up at the end of your game build and
> mount the virtual disk(s) for the CoCo.  I can probably do the same thing
> for DW support, but I won't include the files with my installer.  You'd just
> tell the IDE where the DW .exe is, and it would automate the rest.

Let me know what arguments need to be passed, I assume just the drive
number(s) and path(s) for the disks.  I'll make sure DriveWire
supports this easily.  Also, for those who prefer not to use Windows,
you can run the DriveWire server on any modern platform and
communicate with it using TCP/IP.  This would allow you to run Phoenix
on a dedicated Windows machine (or VM) and still have your CoCo
connected to your regular workstation.