[Coco] dbg.l

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun May 1 16:59:32 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 02:50:26AM -0700, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> Check the CoCo Forums post, I stumbled on the actual physical magazine and
> have located the source on a .dsk file which is now attached.

Alright, I'll check that out.  Thank you.

> I have included my first "C" Source Archive file which has the Debug Source
> code.
>
> You can ignore or laugh at the rest of the file.

Meh, it can't be worse than some of my old code.

> For extra credit and the answer to my cryptic comment.
>
> Describe the "core" bug in the CoCo OS-9 "C' Library as supplied by Tandy.

I wouldn't know.  I used the Tandy libs for perhaps one summer.  When I
went back to school in the fall, I had net access again and immediately
upgraded to Kreider's libs.

> P.S. Send me a text copy or make a post of the header file on the CoCo
> Forums of :
>
> >Actually, the header file for dbg.l is part of the Kreider clib DEFS on
> >the old Princeton archive, dbg.h.  It's in "defs.library" wich is a
> >uuencoded ar file, originally posted by Pete Lyall.

OK, but I warned you it doesn't have a lot of useful-to-human
information:
-------------------------
/*
** definitions for "debug trace"
*/

#define  TROFF       0
#define  TRON        1
#define  E_INTERACT  2
#define  L_INTERACT  4

Warned you! ;-)

It looks like dbg.l is an expansion of the MW profiler, that can be set
to be a little more verbose.  Probably call some setup function with
TRON to make _prof print the name of each function as it's called.  Or
something.  Not sure what E_INTERACT and L_INTERACT might control.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard