[Coco] Difficulty loading CAS files - real Coco2 from PC audio out and CocoTape.exe

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:19:33 EDT 2011

Eric,
the .CAS files are not audio files at all. They are the binary
representation of the actual data that's sent to the routine that produces
the audio stream on the coco to transfer to tape. As such, they cannot be
used directly. Some programme would need to be used to convert .CAS to .WAV
or similar. I believe an emulator programme (MESS, VCC) should be able to
accomplish this.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD. Australia