[Coco] New to the world of COCO

Mike Needham jmikeneedham at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:47:28 EDT 2011

Greetings fellow COCO enthusiasts!

I am brand new to the world of the Color Computer, though I was first
exposed to computers via the TRS-80 and COCO machines.

My uncle had a COCO (not sure if it was a 2 or a 3) back in the 1980's and
he worked (and still works) as a COBAL programmer.  My school had a TRS-80
model 3 or 4 in the math department that was used to tutor us on Math
skills.

Today, I am a programmer and UNIX Geek.  I collect vintage computers and
began to focus on the Tandy's as I have a VERY fond place in my heart for
them all.  My first purchased computer for myself was a Tandy 1000TX.  So I
shifted my collecting focus from Amiga to Tandy's and if you all are
interested, glad to discuss my collection in it's entirety at a later time
;-)  However, most of the focus is on Tandy and currently on COCO3 and
parts.  Though just today (6/30/2011) I received my COCO2 and drives as part
of trade I made for some of my Commodore stuff which I am currently getting
rid of the lot.

BTW:  If someone knows where one could get a good Tandy CM-8 or CM-11 in the
Kansas City Metro area, I would love to know!

Anyhow, hope that I can be involved with you guys and naturally will have
questions about my machine.  I have an interesting start as I have the
Motorola book on programming the 6809 processor which sparked my interest in
acquiring a COCO at this time.

Have a good day all!

--
73,