[Coco] Feature and performance comparisons

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 14:49:42 EDT 2011

>> The CoCoNet server app is a reworked version of the Internet Modem app
>> which does TELNET.  The CoCoNet ROM doesn't utilize the TELNET features of
>> the server but you could write your own program I suppose.  Features like
>> this aren't "incomplete" or full of empty promises, but rather something
>> that is there waiting to be supported by the ROM and then it will be
>> documented as a CoCoNet feature.
>

> That is, I didn't remove any features from the Internet Modem app because I
> think I can add support in the CoCoNet ROM eventually.  Think of all the
> hidden or unutilized (or is it nonutilized?) "features" we discovered in the
> CoCo over the years.  Besides, it gives the reverse engineers and hackers
> something to discover.  :)

Although I can appreciate this, for the purposes of this fact sheet, I
don't think we can have a "Yes, but you have to reverse engineer the
server and write the client code yourself" answer :)  If there are any
features planned for the near future, I'm happy to add a "soon" or
similar entry.  For instance, the "soon" answers in the DW category
include only features which either exist in one form now but will be
extended, or that are in testing now but not in the public release.

-Aaron