[Coco] Feature and performance comparisons

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Jun 23 13:13:00 EDT 2011

At 11:01 AM 6/23/2011, you wrote:
>At 12:02 AM 6/23/2011, you wrote:
>>Ok, had a ? by that.. hadn't seen a reference to FTP but thought it
>>might work.  How about protocols like SFTP, SSH, SMB/Cifs, WevDAV,
>>etc?  Is there a list of supported protocols for coconet somewhere?
>>
>>Am I missing any categories that you'd like me to add?
>

>The CoCoNet server app is a reworked version of the Internet Modem
>app which does TELNET.  The CoCoNet ROM doesn't utilize the TELNET
>features of the server but you could write your own program I
>suppose.  Features like this aren't "incomplete" or full of empty
>promises, but rather something that is there waiting to be supported
>by the ROM and then it will be documented as a CoCoNet feature.

That is, I didn't remove any features from the Internet Modem app
because I think I can add support in the CoCoNet ROM
eventually.  Think of all the hidden or unutilized (or is it
nonutilized?) "features" we discovered in the CoCo over the
years.  Besides, it gives the reverse engineers and hackers something
to discover.  :)

--
~ Roger Taylor