[Coco] because we can not do the same

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jun 20 02:51:37 EDT 2011

On Monday, June 20, 2011 02:44:31 AM Luis Fernández did opine:

> Is it true this time? We do not want to sin again optimistic only to hit
> again with the harsh reality, but the fact is that USA has announced
> that Commodore will begin to meet thereservations of his C64x next
> week, putting an end to teledrama that apart has becomehis lovely
> retro-nettop. The PC, initially announced an Atom CPU and chipset Ion
> to process HD content will be offered in five different configurations
> finally, going from $ 250 barebone stripped chassis with a keyboard and
> card reader, the Ultimate C64xalmost imposing a maquinote $ 895 which
> includes an Atom CPU D525 1.8 GHz, 1 TBhard drive, 4 GB of RAM, a
> Blu-ray, graphics Ion 2 and WiFi 802.11 b / g / n. Do you not believe
> what you read? Do not blame you so late, so we will just leave after
> the jump a video of the teams in the USA Commodore facilities.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6EswIQFV2Y&feature=player_embedded

The Atom D525 is what the EMC folks are building up for machine control.
It needs a breakout connector to get the EMC required parport off the
motherboard, but a plumb usable box with those specs can be had to about
$400 or less, 2/5ths of what this outfit wants.  I would keep a good grip
on my plastic just yet folks, this doesn't have a fresh, clean smell to it
IMO.