[Coco] curses 0.11 upload!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jun 11 02:51:06 EDT 2011

Speaking of terminal endependence...

I have uploaded Curses 0.11 to
http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/os9/curses011.lzh

Egg on Willard's face time:  So, I was convinced that there was a bug in
termcap?  The only bug in termcap is that it's more memory-hungry than I
thought it was.  On Gene's excellent advice, that most C program crashes
were the result of a memory screw, I went through a Curses program,
actually adding up all the data memory it used.

Turns out that even the minimal possible curses program,
main() {initscr();} uses over 7K of data!

I knew Curses used a lot of memory.  Termcap, particularly tgetent(),
easily uses 2-3 K to do its thing.

So here's a new curses!  Use it, break it, tell me about it!  But be
sure to give it enough data space.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA