[Coco] [Color Computer] c64 taking making a comback!?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu Jun 9 14:23:13 EDT 2011

The CoCo 4 project that I was working on did have everything that you
want. It was fast, enhanced graphics modes and other improvements.  For
those that wanted more emulation of the "CoCo experience" there was the
CoCo 4 I/O board that could fit into into a CoCo 3 case with all the I/O
ports supported like the Keyboard, Joystick, Cassette, Serial and 40-pin
port.  Using a small ION PC, the whole thing could fit in a CoCo 3 case.

Yes, the CoCo4 project's enhanced graphics included a 720P graphics mode
with 256 Color mode with a palette of 24 million colors and even direct
color mode with each pixel 24 million colors.

When you get down to it, both are emulations.  Just the PC based one has
more bang for your buck.

Steve