[Coco] Toolshed help

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 8 22:10:17 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 09:54:32 PM Mike Rowen did opine:

> Here is the output of dmode /d0:
>
> nam=D0 mgr=RBF ddr=rb1773
> hpn=07 hpa=FF40 drv=00 stp=03 type=20 dns=01 cyl=0028 sid=02
> vfy=01 sct=0012 t0s=0012 ilv=03 sas=08 wpm= ofs= rwc=

That looks like it s/b a 40 track, ds format to me.  Which makes me ask why
is the backup trying to go beyond $05A0?

Do you have a copy of dtype?  This actually inspects the disk, and for a 35
track SS disk, looks like this:

{t2|07}/DD/SYS:dtype /d0
As formatted, this volumes name is NitrOS-9-3.2.8 Level 2 Boot
drv=0 stp=3, 5.25 inch diskette, color computer format.
It is a standard OS-9 format, floppy diskette,
dns=01 with single track density or 48 tpi.
cyl=0023  sid=01  vfy=OFF  sct=0012  t0s=0012  ilv=03  sas=08
ERROR #056

{t2|07}/DD/SYS:error 56
56 -- Parameter Error

No idea what the error is for, that IS the disk my coco3 is booted from
right now.

dtype is somewhat elderly, and there may be something in /d0's LSN0 that it
doesn't like, put there by nitros9 maybe?.

I have find looking over the old maxtor's contents to see if perhaps I have
a copy of the src for dtype.  If I do, I might see if I can fix it. ;)
Yes, dtype.b09, which I hope hasn't been packed.  But not tonight, I'm all
in but my shoelaces & they are dragging.