[Coco] My linux mailwatcher script for kmail and fetchmail users, updated

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jun 7 22:26:14 EDT 2011

Hi All;

I have no idea if anyone is fetching their mail like I do but I worked on
that script a bit tonight, with the intention of making it self-adjusting
as to whether or not kmail is actually running.

Now I can start it in the rc.local script, and it will patiently wait until
kmail appears and do its thing.  However, if kmail disappears for whatever
reason, it will discover kmail is gone on the first incoming message that
makes it through the spam filters and gets to the mail file in
/var/spool/mail.  It will clean house and silently wait to kmail to re-
appear.

The revised script is in Genes-os9-stuff on my web page.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
algorithm, n.:
	Trendy dance for hip programmers.