[Coco] NitrOS-9 Differences.

Thu Jun 2 20:45:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

Gene: Here is the reason the ShellPlus command "t" is so useful.

I think now that my memory is faulty and that the current shell state is not
passed to the forked one.

BUT THEN, read the description of "PATH=", that clearly says it is passed.
So why not the rest?

OS9:dir -e
 Directory of .  2011/06/02 16:49  Owner  Last modified   Attributes Sector
Bytecount Name
----- ---------------- ---------- ------ --------- ----
   0  2011/05/30 21:53  ----r-wr     474       1A7 makefile.tk
   0  2011/05/30 12:13  ----r-wr    180B        73 make.s
   0  2011/05/29 20:25  ----r-wr    1165        82 compile.s
   0  2011/05/28 20:24  ----r-wr    180D      2FDC archive.p2.c
   0  2011/05/28 20:24  ----r-wr    180E       88C archive.p3.c
   0  2011/05/28 20:24  ----r-wr    180F       3B5 archive.p4.c
   0  2011/05/28 20:26  ----r-wr    1810       225 hires.h
   0  2011/05/29 14:32  ----r-wr    181E        70 link.s
   0  2011/05/30 12:03  ----r-wr    1149       195 makefile
   0  2011/05/29 20:25  ----r-wr    1811        7F compile.s.bak
   0  2011/05/30 12:35  ----r-wr    1818      15B5 archive.p2.r
   0  2011/05/30 12:36  ----r-wr    1819       47F archive.p3.r
   0  2011/05/30 12:36  ----r-wr    181A       24B archive.p4.r
   0  2011/05/30 12:17  ----r-wr    181B       AEE archive.h.bak
   0  2011/05/30 12:43  ----r-wr    1814      1835 archive.p1.r
   0  2011/05/28 16:17  ----r-wr    1194       1A7 makefile.bak
   0  2011/05/30 12:42  ----r-wr    1801      2037 archive.p1.c
   0  2011/05/30 07:17  ----r-wr    1145       1A6 archive.makefile.bak
   0  2011/05/30 12:23  ----r-wr    180C      2000 archive.p1.c.bak
   0  2011/05/30 07:17  ----r-wr    1146       1A1 archive.makefile
   0  2011/05/30 12:17  ----r-wr    181C       AEE archive.h

OS9::VDIR *.c
VDIR archive.p2.c archive.p3.c archive.p4.c archive.p1.c

OS9:var.?

The results of this command is in the attachment, I cannot find a way to
direct it to a file or "/p". BUG BUG!!

The expanded VDIR line allows me to skip the "var.?' step as %%0 is the
first variable contents (archive.p2.c), %%1 the second up to %%9 the last
one.

Then I usually do something like OS9:SLED %%2

It works even if the number of files in the directory is hundreds.

When I wrote VDIR it was described as a ShellPlus Sub Shell "Variable
DIRectory loader" but it is actually much more.

For example: "OS9:VDIR %0 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9" will transfer the %0
... %9 variables to %%0 ... %%9 thus freeing up the %0 ...%9 set for other
uses (MCList.s).

"OS9:VDIR abc xyz bello12 any string that does NOT Have _Spaces" will work.

VDIR.lzh is on my webpage.

Robert: I took the process several steps further.

I dumped and looked at the Tandy Windows and found some errors.
I thought about what the most useful set of windows would be.
I then created asm source for the Windows.

That is how I was able to have two, three and four windows on one screen at
the same time. To use them a new OS9Boot would be needed to be created.

> I solved this problem in a different manner with a routine I wrote to
> create 80
> column text windows; each with a different border color.

I did exactually the same with the first windows in my OS9BOOT file. The
second set is set up for multiple windows on the same screen.

I am going to look in creating the a window with just one script and having
"t" and TMODE pau=1 is effect. I remember vagely how to do this

SHF