[Coco] NitrOS-9 Differences.

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jun 2 19:15:49 EDT 2011

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are you saying that:
> --------------------
> tmode .1 pau=1
> --------------------
> Are active in the new shell in the new window?
>
> I see neither.

Stephen,

Actually it means I did not fully understand what you were asking or trying to
do. :)

In your script
tmode .1 pau=1
works but changes the parameter in the current window not the new window. In any
case, you could not change the pause parameter in this fashion because you
haven't yet created the new window at this time in the process.

This is really a Catch22 situation. You could use xmode to change pause if you
knew the new window number but you can't know the window number because you are
using /w.
I solved this problem in a different manner with a routine I wrote to create 80
column text windows; each with a different border color. I used a program,
getnw, to find the next available window number. With that number in hand, I
changed the descriptor to make it an 80 column text window, made pause active,
and generated a new border color. The program can open as many windows as there
are descriptors available and can be used repetitively.

Robert