[Coco] "C" Compiler update project

Wed Jun 1 23:09:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

I know that you may not want to hear this along with many others, but I have
many Windows editors that will handle the conversion of line endings, the
one that appears to quickly do the job is simply "WordPad' from Windows
Vista. The primitive OS9 apparently is changing CRLF to OS-9 format without
my asking now that I think about it.

The ConText editor has options for:

DOS (CRLF)

Unicode

UNIX (LF Only)

Macintosh (CR Only)

Should any other character be used then at worse case SED can be used to
change it to a more normal line ending, but ConText and other editors will
do the job in most cases.

Perhaps you might start to understand why I am doing most of my work in
Windows, actually using Lotus Wordpro so I can color the text and then have
it stripped when saved as txt.

I traced my error with the old version of c_prep to clicking on the box
"Don't Copy" when I should have clicked on the box just above, "Copy and
Replace" which was my intent.

I am very frustrated with the Colorful SLED text editor and I wrote it. Even
if I created the Windows I had on my last system so that two or three edit
sessions are on the same screen, there is no clipboard to transfer text from
one edit session to another. (Don't try that with the other SLED.)

I remember coding Colorful SLED so that it did something useful with most
files, you might try it. I even use it to look at strings in binaries.

When I copied my defs files to /DD/DEFS after twenty years I wondered what
might have changed in NitrOS-9. This my interest in comparing against the
files used today.

SHF