[Coco] New thread, cga-rgb->vga convertor GBS-8220

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Thu Jul 28 07:52:40 EDT 2011

Not ATM, working on Cloud-9 designs. Getting ready for VCF Southwest down in Arlington, TX. Our team is driving / flying and if Gary's schedule permits and goes as planned, our booths will be side by side. As this is not a CoCoFest, but will have CoCos at the event. The people that say Chicago is too far should stop by. The 2011 ChicagoFest this year had more new people than in many of the past several events combined. Was great to meet these people and put faces to their email addresses.

>Our latest design at work was taking 1.5 hrs to build - we had no choice but
>to upgrade our machines. Now at least it's down to ~40 mins. When you're
>doing 4-5 builds per day, it saves a *lot* of time!!!

I hear ya! As one **might** complain that the compiles take time, a long time, I will wait because of the value added. :)

>Our hardware has 2 FPGAs - so with the quad core we can actually build them
>at the same time. On our old machines, this was out of the question.

>> just not in Quartus, this is more fun that work.....

>Someone has been bitten by the bug! :)

Imagine if we had these tools in the early 90's! :)

Mark
Cloud-9