[Coco] I2C - Is it possible?

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sat Jul 23 12:02:37 EDT 2011

In a message dated 7/23/2011 11:31:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gheskett at wdtv.com writes:

> On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 4:42 AM, Nick Marentes  <nickma at optusnet.com.au>
wrote:
> > Just wondering if anyone  has any idea if it's possible to 'bitbang' an
> > I2C interface on the  CoCo?
> >
> > There so many tiny I2C circuits available  (including VGA) that I was
> > wondering if there was any way to bring  some of these devices to the
> > CoCo?

The early versions of my converter used I2C so that the coco
could talk to the unit over the video cable.   I dropped it  because
the changes made to the converter did not survive cycling the
power to the unit making it necessary to reprogram the unit
on every power up.

The I2C protocol was not meant for long range communication
but for chip to chip data exchange on the same PC board or
boards in close proximity.

Roy