[Coco] CoCo 3 to RBG...

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jul 21 18:23:05 EDT 2011

On Thursday, July 21, 2011 05:53:22 PM Steve Batson did opine:

> Gene, All,
>
> This may help somewhat, the PDF is certainly eaier to read then their
> printed manual that came with the board. They have certainly kept info
> in all of this to a bare minimum. Hopefully this helps.
>
> Here's the link to the main info page on that board:
> http://www.jammaboards.com/store/cga-ega-yuv-to-vga-converter-pcb-gbs-82
> 20/p
> rod_291.html?ccSID285e73f64c04744fc5f33ff68f529742=f7368a10fdefe104fcf2
> ee966 41c50c9
>
> Here's a link to the basic on-line setup guide:
> http://www.jammaboards.com/faq/article/cga-to-vga-video-converter-gbs-82
> 20-p cb-basic-setup-13.html
>
> Here's the direct link to the PDF of the manual:
> http://www.jammaboards.com/arcade_manuals/GBS-8220_CGA_to_VGA_HD-Convert
> er.p df

Got all that, and printed, now I go see if anything they suggest, works.
BRB

I found I could reset it by unplugging the power connector without having
to power cycle 2 elderly hard drives, so that helps.

At a couple of points, I saw an out of sync coco screen, but just for a
fraction of a second!  Pressing the left switch gets a display of what
input its using for a second or so, and I saw the coco screen in the RGBS
mode only which would seem to be correct.

So, at this time I believe I will just invert the sync pulses for the next
test.

They have not yet answered my query about sync polarity.  Understandable
when they are halfway around the planet from me.

And in the meantime, I have cabinets to assemble and finish.
[...]

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
It's amazing how much better you feel once you've given up hope.