[Coco] Wireless Drive Pak

Roger Taylor taylor at newfoal.com
Wed Jul 13 23:09:27 EDT 2011

I've found a suitable wireless module that can be used to keep
producing my "Wireless Pak", a.k.a Wireless Drive Pak.  Even though
CoCoNet 1.x is set up to detect the A7 EB301 bluetooth module and
initiate a connection to the PC when the CoCo is turned on, the new
module can be used without much trouble.

When the CoCo is turned on with this kind of pak, it will report no
connection is found to the PC and attempt to auto-boot to either your
real floppy system or bitbanger cable drive, etc.

After the CoCoNet server is started on your PC, you can warm-boot
your CoCo using the Ctrl-Alt Reset combo and then CoCoNet will detect
the wireless connection for Drive 0 and all is well.

I still have 50+ wireless pak boards but they can be used for other
types of serial paks as well.  If there's enough interest in the
wireless pak again, after I finish the Drive Pak back orders I will
produce more wireless paks.  Only this time, CoCoNet 2.0 can be used
to make the wireless pak act like a MicroSD Drive Pak, because I'm
working on emulating the Drive Pak protocol in the CoCoNet server, so
the MicroSD card image (.img file) can be used with the wireless pak, too.

This means no need to mount disks by PC pathname anymore which is a pain.

Current EB301 Wireless Pak users will be able to swap out their EPROM
and turn it into a Wireless Drive Pak.

Hang in there.

--
~ Roger Taylor