[Coco] What if the next CoCo is made into a Tablet?

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Mon Jul 11 17:08:14 EDT 2011

Honestly, I thought you were joking... There's zero market for something so
prohibitively expensive to develop. A few hundred active enthusiasts do not
justify a major product like that. You'd have a hard time doing something
like that based off a much more popular classic platform like the C-64,
Apple II or Atari 8-bit, let alone a platform like the CoCo that few people
even recall.

With that said, there's no reason the FPGA idea can't be extended to
existing properties and products, and certainly mature emulation
implementations would be ideal for tablets and smartphones, particularly
since bluetooth keyboards and to a lesser degree, bluetooth controllers, are
common.

-Bill