[Coco] How much of a CoCo makes it a CoCo?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Thu Jul 7 09:19:33 EDT 2011

On 07/07/2011 02:18 AM, mike delyea wrote:
> Well, if you knew someone with a RepRap you might be able to print out a
> coco3+/coco4 case.

I'm not sure about the RepRap, but a friend of mine has a Makerbot
Cupcake, and I think a CoCo case would be a bit too big.  I suppose you
could print it in sections and glue it together.  The quality is still
not ideal.  Think DMP-105 or worse.  There are lots of gaps between the
beads of plastic.  What my friend was doing to try to get a smooth
surface after the build was brushing on plastic dissolved in acetone to
fill the gaps, then lots of sanding.  It's a really cool technology, but
it's still in its infancy.

JCE