[Coco] CoCo3FPGA, FPGA Development, and GIME replacement

Wed Jul 6 20:34:29 EDT 2011

Hi,

http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/History_and_Rationale

Confirms that it was "Chris Burke's aborted Rocket design" not D.P. Johnson,
my bad.

That article is a real bummer to read!!!

I may have the document that I got for my deposit.

I remember it as a CPU that shared the same memory and was controlled by the
6809 CPU.

The price of OSK was the killing blow IMHO.

SHF

Also this popped up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gerhardt

One of Gerhardt's jobs at Tandy was assistant Sysop at the Tandy COCO SIG
(special interest group) at Compuserve.