[Coco] CoCo3FPGA, FPGA Development, and GIME replacement

Leonard Miller leonard23 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 6 08:36:58 EDT 2011

I have been following the discussions about the CoCo3FPGA for some time.  If
I was to purchase a FPGA board which one should I get?  I know that the FPGA
boards are boards that allow the user to use software to program hardware,
but that's about it.  I believe the guys working with this use a couple
different boards?  This would be a HUGE endeavor on my part, but it might be
fun to learn something new as long as I don't get overwhelmed doing it:-)!
>From what I've seen so far; I can use a current computer monitor, but what
about storage?  Can the board interface to an IDE type drive?  How do I move
software back and forth between what I currently have (coco3), and the
board.  Also, what type of power supply do I need to power the board?

Leonard