[Coco] CoCo3FPGA, FPGA Development, and GIME replacement

Tue Jul 5 21:09:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

Aaron says it very well.  I was reading forward to see if anyone said what I
was about to, and he did!

The "WANTers" need to keep SILENT and let the "DOers" produce what they can,
if they can.

The best projects are those produced by designers actually using the product
and not being paid by a company to earn their salary.

-------------------

What they are doing is just part of the puzzle, another part is exploring
the limits of NitrOS-9 which is the only way to leverage additional
capabilities. (A quick look was good.) That discussion I hope will start
soon but no date is set. That will require an emulator that is flexible in
many ways and not trying to just do existing hardware.

Then there are changes to the "C" compiler, assembler, linker and ... to
allow the breaking of the 64K limit on the 6x09. I may still have the
manuals from ~ 1968 that describes this. Yes, I did say 1968.

Then the application software to build new programs can be written.

So, it just not building the hardware, that is just a part of the bigger
picture.

Not doable if too many just sit on the sidelines and wait. Our numbers are
too small to allow that.

SHF