[Coco] CoCo3FPGA, FPGA Development, and GIME replacement

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jul 5 19:13:33 EDT 2011

 > Maybe in a few years we can have a cheap coco 4 that does everything
 > everyone wants (well..that will never happen, but let's say 100% of what
 > 95% want, or vice versa).

This may be the problem. Maybe a standard spec needs to be defined of
what a CoCo4 actually is?

Someone who only plays games on the CoCo will have different wants from
someone who only runs OS-9.

I would have thought with the advancements in FPGA's nowadays,
simulating the operations of a 25 year old custom chip should be possible.

Just blowing in the wind...   :)