[Coco] [!! SPAM] Re: Cococompatible monitors...

John Kent jekent at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jul 5 07:31:22 EDT 2011

On 5/07/2011 3:36 AM, gene heskett wrote:

> And this DE1 board I assume has a cost of?  URL please John.
>
> Cheers, gene

Terasic DE1 is here:
http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?No=83

It uses an Altera Cyclone II.
It's what Gary uses for his CoCo3FPGA.

He has also used the Digilent Spartan 3 starter board in the past too
using the Xilinx 1000Kgate Spartan 3
http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?Prod=S3BOARD

There is also a 200Kgate version of the board, which is not big enough
for the CoCo3FPGA, but is big enough for a basic 6809 system with UART,
VDU, Timer, PS/2 keyboard, monitor ROM  and 1MB of SRAM.

The 1000Kgate Spartan 3 chip has the same FT256 BGA package as the 200K
gate part I think.

There is also the XuLA board which has a 50Kgate or 200Kgate Spartan 3A
that fits on a 40 pin header and has 4MWords x 16 bits of SDRAM.
http://www.xess.com/prods/prod048.php

There are a number of other Xilinx boards from Digilent Inc. and others.

Digilent is to Xilinx what Terasic is to Altera.

There are pictures of the FPGA boards I use on my FPGA page:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jekent/FPGA.htm

John.

--
http://www.johnkent.com.au