[Coco] Perhaps a silly newbie question

Mark Ormond markormond at mtxsystems.com
Sat Jul 2 08:37:18 EDT 2011

Correct, the CoCo 2 did not come stock with a monitor output.  Even the new
digital TVs won't work with them.  There are several adapter designs online.
IIRC; there are some on the Maltedmedia site.  Most use a couple transistors
and less than a half dozen components in total.  They don't have to be
assembled to look pretty either.

www.maltedmedia.com

Bruce W.

Could you please point them out? The only ones I saw were on gimechip, and they took advantage of the fact that
MC1372 in the coco1 is already outputting composite video, that is then fed into a separate rf modulator, while
in the 2, the mc1372 is part of the rf modulator, and is not generating ANY composite video.

My plan, (If I can EVER find the free time), is take another MC1372, and duplicate the circuit from the 1 that
outputs composite, and tie it into the 2. The problem with this is, the MC1372 is very hard to find, except in
cocos.

later,
dabone