[Coco] Perhaps a silly newbie question

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sat Jul 2 08:07:50 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

From: "Mike Needham"

Greetings fellow coco enthusiasts:

I was just looking into powering up my new COCO2 and noticed that unlike my
COCO3, it does not have a composite video out.  I have a composite monitor
(actually 2 of them) and was not sure if I can actually hook it (the 2) up
to the monitor without an intermediary box... in other words, is the TV out
the same as composite?

If not, what do I need to hook it to the monitor?  Thanks for the help in
advance.

--
73,

J. Mike Needham <KDØJXP>
Olathe, Kansas USA

Correct, the CoCo 2 did not come stock with a monitor output.  Even the new
digital TVs won't work with them.  There are several adapter designs online.
IIRC; there are some on the Maltedmedia site.  Most use a couple transistors
and less than a half dozen components in total.  They don't have to be
assembled to look pretty either.

www.maltedmedia.com

Bruce W.