[Coco] Perhaps a silly newbie question

Mike Rowen mike at bcmr3.net
Sat Jul 2 08:29:27 EDT 2011

A few decades ago, there were several tiny adapter boards with leads that
you clipped onto the proper points in the CoCo 1 or 2 that provided
composite video out. I have just begun to find a good circuit for this. The
CoCo 1/2 uses an RF modulator to output to TV. You can grab the signal
before the RF modulator and get composite output with a few components. Here
is a link to an article that I found in Micro - The 6502/6809 Journal. Its
for a Coco 1 I believe, but it should be a start in the right direction. I
plan to build one in the near future. Others here will probably have even
more ideas. There is also some discussion of this in "Tandy's little
Wonder", which by the way is an amazing reference book.

The article begins on page 19 of the magazine (21 of the pdf). Micro - The
6502/6809 Journal has other interesting CoCo articles as well. I'll be
watching this thread for other's sources for these circuits.

http://www.classiccmp.org/cini/pdf/MICRO/MICRO_Vol54-11_82.pdf

Cheers,
-Mike