[Coco] New to the world of COCO

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri Jul 1 18:35:14 EDT 2011

On 06/30/2011 04:38 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> On Thursday, June 30, 2011 05:32:17 PM Mike Needham did opine:
>
>> Greetings fellow COCO enthusiasts!

>> BTW:  If someone knows where one could get a good Tandy CM-8 or CM-11 in
>> the Kansas City Metro area, I would love to know!
>>
> There is likely not more than 20 cm8's still alive, and the cm11 is an ega
> monitor, not usable with the coco.  Your best bet is one of the scan
> doublers and a recent vga monitor, even the late lcd's should work with
> that.  Roy Justice was making one, and so was someone else, so there might
> be one of those on fleabay occasionally.

So are my two working CM-8s part of the 20, or do they make 22?  :-)

[Slight correction.  The one I've been storing in the attic for 10 years
and just brought down to test so I don't make a complete liar of myself
seems to have developed a vertical hold problem.  But I bet my friend
who fixes TVs can help me fix it.]

JCE